How to create a YouTube channel?
More than a decade ago, video clip creation requires expensive equipment for editing and video encoding. In recent years, hardware and software have become cheaper and cheaper. Many hobbyists make their own video clips and share with others on Internet. Where do they share the most? YouTube, of course! We will show you how to create a YouTube channel to get you started too.
- Browse to https://www.youtube.com/ and log in with your Google account
- Click on My Channel at top-left
- Name your Channel in blank spaces and click on CREATE CHANNEL to continue
- In CHANNEL DESCRIPTION, type in description of your channel and click on Done to continue
- Click on upload a video and browse your local video clip to upload your first video clip
- Once uploaded, under Basic info tab, put down video clip description and tag in the space provided
- Click on Advanced settings tab, check if metadata of Comments, License and rights ownership, Syndication, Caption certification, Distribution options, Age restrictions, Category, Video location, Video language, Community Contributions, Recording data, Video statistics, 3D video or Content declaration is properly checked or entered
- Finally, click on Done on top-right
- Click on Video manager to return your video clip list and click on the video clip for playback