How to create a ZIP file without WINZip?
ZIP files have been popular for decades. It almost becomes a standard for files compression. Years before, only zip executable was available and we have to do lots of typing under DOS Command Prompt. Then, there came WINZIP and it made life easier for lots of Windows users. Even better, Windows 7 started to natively support ZIP file compression and de-compression.
Today, we are going to tell you how to compress or de-comparess ZIP files on Windows.
- Open File Explorer
- Copy files you like to compress into a temporary folder
- Use hotkey of ALT + A to select all
- Mouse right-click on the highlighted file selection to call out pull-down menu
- Select Send to and then Comparessed (zipped) folder
- Name the newly created ZIP file